Plasma rich in growth factors is obtained from the patient’s own blood. Growth factors are proteins that are naturally found in the blood plasma and inside platelets. These growth factors are involved in the processes related to tissue regeneration. By applying plasma rich in growth factors it is possible to reactivate and increase the natural repair activity of the ocular surface with the subsequent therapeutic benefits in diverse ocular pathologies.
BENEFITS OF THE TECHNOLOGY OF PLASMA RICH IN GROWTH FACTORS
The ability of plasma rich in growth factors to activate tissue regeneration counteracts the functional deficits of the eye, improving the structure and lubrication of the ocular surface.
TREATMENT – HOW AND WHEN IS THIS TECHNIQUE APPLIED?
Treatment using eye drops with plasma rich in growth factors is recommended for patients with moderate to severe dry eye and other pathologies linked to defects of the tissues that comprise the ocular surface.
- Extraction of blood from the patient
- Concentration of platelets
- Separation of the fraction of plasma rich in growth factors
- Preparation and dispensing of the eye drops
Results after applying the eye drops
- Increase in the quality of the ocular surface tissues
- Improved ocular lubrication
- Reduced inflammation
- Reduced pain
- Reduction of symptoms
- Reduction in the use of corticosteroids and cyclosporine
- Each tray of 32 dispensers is intended for a treatment of 3 months. During this time, the pack is stored in the freezer (-20OC).
- Use eye drops as recommended by your Eye Care Professional. Using more than recommended will not increase the results of using this product.
- The treatment can be extended in cycles of three months with the recommendation and monitoring of the Eye Care Professional.
Note: Carefully follow guidelines indicated by your doctor. Do not modify the dosage yourself. Continue the therapy for the whole treatment period indicated by your doctor.
ADVANTAGES OF THE TREATMENT APPLICATION
- The eye drops are applied with a dispenser that can be used for three days and can be kept at ambient temperature and that, once open, preserve the growth factors and biologically active proteins.
- The eye drops are transported in a practical dispenser that is fully watertight and resistant.
- All of these advantages enable the eye drops with plasma rich in growth factors to be used anywhere at any time.